Monday, February 6, 2012

Poems of the day

It's the month of love I will be posting different poems throughout the month

I Love You


Roy Croft

I Love You,
Not only for what you are,
but for what I am when I am with you,
not only for what you have made of yourself,
but for what you are making of me.
I love you forthe part of me that you bring out.
I love you for putting your handinto my overflowing heart
and passing over allthe foolish, weak things that can't help,
dimly seeingthere, and for drawing outintothe light allthe
beautiful belongings that no one else had looked quite far enough to find.
I love you because you are helping me to make ofthe dreams of mylife
not a thought but a reality,
Out ofthe works of my every day not a reproach but a song...
Yes, a Love song

Why Marriage?

Mari Nichols-Haining
Because tothe depths of me, I long to love one person,
With all my heart, my soul, my mind, my body...
Because I need a forever friend to trust withthe intimacies of me,
Who won't holdthem against me,
Who loves me when I'm unlikable,
Who seesthe small childin me, and
Who looks forthe divine potential of me...
Because I need to cuddleinthe warmth ofthe night
With someone who thanks God for me,
With someone I feel blessed to hold...
Because marriage means opportunity
To growin lovein friendship...
Because marriage is a discipline
To be added to a list of achievements...
Because marriages do not fail, people fail
Whenthey enterinto marriage
Expecting another to makethem whole...
Because, knowing this,
I promise myself to take full responsibility
For my spiritual, mental and physical wholeness
I create me, I take half ofthe responsibility for my marriage
Together we create our marriage...
Because of this understanding
The possibilities are limitless

I Promise

Dorothy R. Colgan
I promise to give youthe best of myself
and to ask of you no more than you can give.
I promise to respect you as your own person
and to realize that yourinterests, desires and needs
are no less important than my own.
I promise to share with you my time and my attention
and to bring joy, strength and imagination to our relationship.
I promise to keep myself open to you,
to let you see throughthe window of my worldinto myinnermost
fears and feelings, secrets and dreams.
I promise to grow along with you,
to be willing to face changesin order to keep our relationship
alive and exciting.
I promise to love youin good times and bad,
with all I have to give and all I feelinsideinthe only way I know how.
Completely and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment